“The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event.”
I love snow. Love, love, love snow. Everything becomes so peaceful, so quiet, so beautiful. I love watching it fall at night, while the city sleeps and the stars are bright… I love waking up to the trees covered in a soft blanket of white… I love sitting by the fire wrapped in a fuzzy blanket and sipping on hot chocolate… I love empty the office is and how happy everyone is… I love being the first one to run through a freshly powdered field… love it.
When the first snow fall of the year happens, I usually jump at the opportunity for a chilly walk with my hubby and the dSLR, but this year, I’ve relied solely on my trusty iPhone + Instagram app to capture a few snowy memories.
1. The first morning the snow came down… we had to drive to Bellingham to drop off my parents at the airport. What a lovely day for a drive :P
2. An excuse to wear my wintery infinity scarf and sip some Starbucks!
3. Snow covered trees = love.
4. Delivering a photo package to a lovely family in Hatzic Lake, Mission, BC.
5. Monday morning at work. There were 8 vehicles in the parking lot, including mine. Normally there are, oh… about 40. :)
6. Jesse owns what seems like 100 toques. They’re being put to good use this week!
7. An excuse to wear my fun, polka-dot boots to work!
8. An eerily quiet morning on our street as I drive off to work.
9. The beautiful view from my office window. I know, I’m lucky :)
10. Love my winter Care Bear / Rainbow Bright jacket!
11. A stunning wintery sunset.
12. My parent’s backyard.
13. An excuse to wear men’s wooly work socks to the office. I’m super classy ;)
14. Again, my view from the office window.
15. And a gorgeous, snowy sunset as another workday comes to an end.
I really hope the snow stays around for this weekend! I have an engagement session booked and I would LOVE to do it in the snow… how romantic would that be?! Plus… I just want to be able to stick on my snow pants and have a snowball fight with my hubby. And maybe make a snowman. And a snow angel. And go for a walk. Ahhhh…. I love snow.
They’re calling for more tonight… my fingers are crossed! Goodnight!