I love that photography allows me to meet new people. “Strangers” when we meet, yet friends when we leave. In the short 1-2 hours I spend with you, I get to hear your family stories, your interests, your inside jokes, where you work; I get to watch you all interact – I get to be a part of your family group for those few hours we are together. And that, I love. I had never met the Kings before, but I loved them the minute I met them. A soft spoken, beautiful, sweet and fun group – we even got Grandma to pose for a few shots of her own :) It was lovely to hang out and meet your beautiful family. Enjoy!
I found a similar recipe on Pinterest last week and had been waiting to try it out – so today was the day! I made a few changes to the recipe I found – added protein powder, cinnamon & nutmeg, walnuts and extra bananas :) Turned out super delicious!
Banana Oatmeal Dark Chocolate Chip Protein Muffins
Servings: Made 18 muffins
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar (next time I may substitute with honey or applesauce, etc.)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 3/4 cup whey protein powder (I used vanilla flavour)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup skim milk
- 4 mashed bananas
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mist 18 cups in a muffin tin with olive oil or butter.
- Combine the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and protein powder in a large bowl and stir until mixed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg whites, egg, mashed bananas, milk and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and stir until blended together. Mix in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Spoon the oatmeal mixture into the muffin cups. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until oatmeal is lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean.
VOILA! So good. Enjoy!
They had a great idea to meet up on a sunny autumn day at The Apple Barn in Abbotsford to hang out, pick some pumpkins and have a few shots taken! These guys are great. Like, REALLY great :) Rachel is an awesome friend and co-worker of mine (we’ve worked together for almost 8 years!!), and these are some of her family and favourite people – her boyfriend Kevin, her cousin Catherine and her boyfriend Todd, and his sweet daughter Paetyn. Within minutes of meeting them all, seeing them interact, their inside jokes… I felt like I was one of them ;) This is exactly how I love to do family photos – capture you guys “hanging out” “doing your thing”… and I just happen to be there capturing some moments along the way. Perfect! Thanks for letting me hang out with you guys down on the farm, I had a blast! Enjoy :)
There’s always time for a snuggle in the corn fields, right?
Cousins and best friends, love how much fun these two have together!
In October, Jesse and I got to travel to Quadra Island to shoot and attend his cousin’s wedding… all I can say is, “WOW!” What a beautiful location and perfect weekend away! Rooms and cottages were reserved at the Tsa-Kwa-Luten Lodge - where Bobby + Kayla said their “I Do’s” amongst a gorgeous ocean-view meadow, and celebrated their reception in the lodge’s A-frame great room, with the sun setting across the ocean as our backdrop. Man, was it something else! Here are a few personal photos from the weekend. Stay tuned for Bobby + Kayla’s wedding images soon!